My “Pasta Al Tonno” is an easy recipe you can throw together with ingredients you have left in your pantry! 👩🏻🍳Get creative! ❤️
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 8 ounces spaghetti
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
* 1 tablespoon capers
* 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
* One 10-ounce jar tomato bruschetta topping
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* One 6- to 7-ounce jar Italian tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked * 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley •
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions.
Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the spaghetti in a colander.
While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the capers and garlic and cook, stirring, until the garlic is golden, about 1 minute.
Add the bruschetta topping, red pepper flakes and a pinch of black pepper and cook, stirring, until hot, about 4 minutes.
Add the drained spaghetti to the skillet along with the tuna, parsley and about 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water. Add more cooking water to loosen if desired and serve.
#homecooking #family #friends #valeriebertinelli #italianfood #foodnetwork