Someone obviously painted the town red on Friday night. It wasn't me, I was in bed at a sensible hour so I could get up at a ridiculous hour. To get piccies. Yay.
I was reading someone's profile the other day and they said they were using film instead of digital for the next twelve months to see what it was like. Hahahaha.
So if you're a young 'un and you're thinking about doing the same I'll save you the trouble by telling you what it was like:
1. It sucked.
2. It was expensive. All other reasons (and there are lots of them) are secondary to this. You had to pay for your films. Then you had to pay to get them developed. Then you had to pay for enlargements or editing or whatever.
3. You had to take pics in lots of 24 or 36 and then physically take the films to someone to develop, then go back again later to pick them up.
4. You couldn't see what your pics looked like till you got the film developed. And when you finally got to see them after forking out your hard earned cash you'd look at them and think they were crap. Cos some other person or a machine decided how to edit them. And they did a crap job. And you couldn't do anything about it.
5. Did I mention how much it sucked compared to digital?
6. Selfies weren't a thing cos of the cost, and you'd be too embarrassed to pick up a roll of film with 36 terrible pictures of yourself in it.
7. It's been calculated by scientists that there are at least 10,000 other reasons people don't use film, and you can't argue with science. Unless you're anti-vaxer or flat-earther or some other form of idiot.
8. Did I mention film photography was &$#@ing expensive?
9. You took less pics cos of the cost so it would sometimes take weeks before you filled a roll of film, then you'd have to wait till pay day to develop it. And by then you'd have forgotten what was on the film.
10. If you took a pic like this one, they'd have either flattened the colours to make it boring or they'd have made it so red it looked like a @muckup .
So... in a nutshell, film photography was more expensive, poorer quality, and way more frustrating. So don't bother. It sucked!
#hobart #sunrise #weekend