It's Christmas right around the corner! 🎊🎄For my first Christmas related post this year, I tried Espuma's Christmas Menu!
1) Norwegian Salmon steak 8/10
* Even though the presentation was subpar, this dish redeems itself with it's amazing salmon! This seafood dish was easily the best dish of the night. * From its appearance, the salmon looked really dry; but when you cut into it, it was fork tender. There was amazing contrast between the crispy skin and the melt-in-your-mouth tender salmon meat + amazing mouthfeel from the fatty flesh, which complimented the chunky sweet potato mash very well
* The rest of the dish didn't add anything, as they were all kind of bland
2) Angus Steak 6/10
* An overall decent steak dish
* Pros = beef was amazingly tender (required almost no chewing), roasted peppers + honey glazed carrots were really sweet and bursting with flavor
* Cons = underseasoned (like the rest of the dishes), lacking a sauce (the beef dried out very quickly after being served, leaving an unappetizing layer of dry-meat on the surface)
3) Super cool appetiser 8/10
This appetizer was was a great start to the meal on so many levels. The tangy, spicy, and slightly sweet cold tomato soup contrasted really well with the buttery puff pastry stick; the pastry's flaky texture + the al dente shrimp really hit it home!
4) Christmas limited marshmallow sponge Cake 6/10
* Pros = surprisingly moist and creamy
* Cons = ice cream was a blend of different flavors, but it tasted really weird; fruits added nothing in terms of flavor and texture, cotton candy melted after 5 mins and became a mess
2/F, H8, Hau Fook Street, TST
#espuma #christmasmenu #christmas #steak #salmon #espumahk #spanishfood #westernfood #tsteats #tsimshatsui #eatintst #尖沙嘴 #尖沙嘴美食 #eattillyoudrop #eatsleepplay #lifeofapig #summerholidays #goodvibesonly #myhkmoment #summer2017 #hksummer