Lookin’ for an easy, healthy, on-the-go breakfast? THESE MUFFINS ARE IT. I can’t even tell you how excited I am about how they turned out!! They’re vegan, high in fiber, 100% NATURALLY sweetened and super moist and hearty. Not to mention that it’s the best way to get your fruits and veggies without even thinking about it 😉 Try them out for a truly guilt-free indulgence—I’d love your feedback!
Vegan Morning Glory Muffins
💧1 cup date puree (about 8 pitted dates + 1 cup almond milk)
💧2 tbsp pure maple syrup
💧2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
💧2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp water)
💧2 tsp vanilla extract
🌾 1 packed cup grated carrot (about 3 med sized carrots, peeled)
🌾 1 packed cup grated apple (about 1 large apple, peeled)
🌾 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
🌾 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
🌾 1/2 cup almond meal
🌾 2 tsp baking soda
🌾 2 tsp ground cinnamon
🌾 1/2 tsp nutmeg
🌾 pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Peel and grate carrots and apple (I used a cheese grater) and set aside.
3. In a blender, blend dates with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk until smooth.
4. Transfer paste to a bowl and add maple syrup, melted coconut oil, flax eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined well.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, almond meal, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
6. Sift dry mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. To this mixture, add shredded carrot, apple, and coconut and incorporate well.
7. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full (the muffins will rise, but not a ton).
8. Bake 17-21 mins or until tops and edges are browned nicely and toothpick comes out clean.
lemme know what y’all think—happy hump day!! ❤️