I absolutely love smoothies, as some of you may know.
They are just so simple and have so many benefits:
• they are a great way to help stay hydrated. Fruits and vegetables are naturally high in water content. And of course the liquid used in them too!
• they are easily digested and the nutrients are absorbed more efficiently!
• they’re typically rich in antioxidants which can help prevent heart disease. As well as fight free radicals which can cause types of cancer
• if you use ingredients like oats, seeds, nut butters and protein powders, you can add a ton of protein easily! I’ve started using ground hemp which is rich in iron, all 9 essential amino acids making it a complete protein, magnesium and so much more.
• if you don’t enjoy eating some foods because of their taste, but want their nutritional benefits, smoothies can mask their taste behind the other ingredients! •
If you want to add more nutrients, protein or calories to your diet easily, smoothies could be a great start ☺️