Vegan Cheesy Broccoli Soup 🌱
Olive Oil, Yellow Onion, Celery, Carrot, Broccoli, Sweet Potato, Garlic, Cashews, Apple Cider Vinegar, Vegetable Broth, Salt & Pepper 🍴
• Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
• Once warm, add the 1 small onion - diced and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
• Add two celery stalks - chopped and 1 carrot - peeled and diced, 1 sweet potato - peeled and diced, 1-2 cloves of garlic - minced, a full head of broccoli, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are well-browned and tender, 10 to 12 more minutes. Let cool slightly.
• In a blender, combine 4 cups of vegetable broth with 1/2 cup raw cashews, 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and the cooled vegetables from the pot.
• Blend until creamy and well pureed (depending on your blender, this might take a minute or so).