I wanted to share some tips to having an enjoyable and not completely uncomfortably full feeling from Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow! While this IS the day for LOADS of food and pies we don’t have to choose all the unhealthiest of options to fill our beautiful bellies with 😁😘 Here are the guidelines that I have followed for the past few years that have helped me to feel that I don’t miss out on the GOODS:
1. Don’t eat your carbs until your thanksgiving dinner! Save them for this as you may have a glass of wine or alcoholic beverage as well as servings of other carbohydrates on your plate.
2. Try 2-3 of your most favorite dinner carbohydrates in VERY SMALL amounts. You may want to add another small serving of your most favorite to your plate after you have tasted it 😉
3. Fill your plate with at LEAST 2 portions of vegetables & 1 healthy fat...this will help fill you and actually satisfy your cravings for adding more junk to your plate.
4. Drink at LEAST 8-10 ounces of water prior to your meal. This will help satisfy thirst which is often confused with hunger and actually helps satisfy cravings as well 👍🏼 5. DESSERT! PLEASE PLEASE have your SUPERFOOD smoothie for breakfast in the mornings to help curb sweet cravings throughout the day. That way you’ll opt to choose only small amounts of a few of your favorite desserts instead of completely overdoing it.
6. Try to get a workout in prior to your thanksgiving gathering (unless of course your cooking you may not have time) getting your workout in before will actually help you to choose the best options and be wise with your portions 😉 If you don’t workout on Thanksgiving Day then switch it out for your rest day to stay on track with your schedule.
7. Let’s get REAL serious after tomorrow and start preparing for a new year and a NEW YOU with healthier choices and routines 😘 FixItUpChallenge is ongoing through December. Link in my bio or message me for more details or if you have any questions! 😘