Who wants a healthy pumpkin pie recipe? It’s so healthy you can eat it for breakfast!!!! 🎃
Serves: 8-10 people
2 cups of gluten free oats
1/2 cup shredded/desiccated coconut (preservative free)
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp melted grass-fed butter
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups pumpkin
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of pink salt
1/2 tsp dried ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of organic coconut cream
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180.
2. Roughly chop the pumpkin into chunks, drizzle with 2 tbsp coconut oil and roast in the oven for about an hour, or until completely cooked through and soft. Set aside.
3. To make the crust, place the gluten-free oats in a food processor and mix until they form a fine meal.
4. Add the shredded coconut, coconut sugar, eggs, melted butter and cinnamon to the food processor and blitz until the ingredients are all well mixed and have formed a batter. Remove the mixture from the food processor and leave it to rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
5. Grease a tart tin and then press the crust mixture into a 20cm tart shell. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes until golden. Set aside.
6. While the crust is cooking, blend the pumpkin with the maple syrup, eggs, pink salt, dried ginger, cinnamon, coconut cream and vanilla bean powder until well mixed and smooth.
7. Remove the crust from the oven and pour the filling evenly into the crust shell.
8. Place the pumpkin pie into the oven and bake for 25 minutes (or until the pumpkin mix is firm to touch).
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving. Can be enjoyed warm or cold.