Checklist for Troubleshooting Digestive Problems (Start at the Top and Work Your Way Through)
1. Feed hay.
2. Feed more hay.
3. Reduce the amount of other food items and encourage them to eat more hay.
4. Encourage them to dream about eating more hay (provide sounds and smells reminiscent of fresh hay).
5. Provide social encouragement… Post pictures of other pets happily eating more hay.
6. Remove sources of grain and soy from the diet… this includes most popular brands of pellets and treats (even if hay is the first ingredient they are typically 2/3 grain and soy). Just a friendly reminder to read your labels.
7. Feed lots more hay.
8. Have you measured how much hay they are eating over a 24 hour period? Here is a tip on how to do it.
9. Eliminate sweets.
10. Cut out fruits and veggies.
11. Feed even more hay.
13. Reduce greens.
14. Feed tons more hay. Place it everywhere. Make more hay racks. Place it in, on, and around the litter box. Spread it around on the floor. Make hay tunnels and even try making a hay castle. Fluff it up regularly. Post more pictures of pets happily eating and playing in hay.
15. Try Sherwood’s hay based pellets (grain/soy free).
#bunnycrack #welovehay #omnomnom #bunnysnacks #hayparty #hay #timothyhay #firstcut #secondcut #thirdcut #nomnom #hungry #sherwoodpethealth #healthierhoppier