~•Hasselback Potatoes•~ .
~• These Baked Hasselback Potatoes are an easy side dish or appetizer perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas or holiday entertaining!
One of my favorite side dish for my Sunday asado with the family. •~ -
Now what is a hasselback potato?
You start by cutting a layer off of the bottom of each potato, just enough so they don’t roll. Then you cut slits across the potatoes with a sharp knife, taking care not to cut all the way through.
Brush the potatoes with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, rosemary (or any dry herbs) and lemon zest, ( today I added some dijon mustard and was fabulous!) making sure it gets in between the slices.
The result is baked Hasselback potatoes crispy and golden on the outside, soft, creamy and loaded with flavor on the inside.
There are a million variations you can try: with parmesan cheese, gruyere cheese, green onions and sour cream, bacon or pancetta, cheddar cheese, crumbled feta cheese and spring onions, chimichurri sauce etc. •Ingredients•
* 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened .
* 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil .
* 1/3 cup finely chopped herbs rosemary, thyme, Or dry oregano, or Herbs of Provence is what I used.
* Chopped garlic . .
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper .
* 8 medium potatoes, scrubbed . •Directions•
* Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
* Stir together the butter, olive oil, herbs, garlic and some salt and pepper in a small bowl.
* Place a potato between the handles of 2 wooden spoons or 2 chopsticks. Slice the potato into thin slices, leaving 1/4 inch at the bottom unsliced; the spoon handles will prevent you from slicing the potato all the way through. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
* Put the potatoes on a baking sheet and brush on the butter mixture, making sure to get in between all the slices. Bake until tender and crisp, 55 to 60 minutes.
#hasselbackpotatoes #sidedish #lobellevie