TWO YEAR a n n i v e r s a r y 🇺🇸🦈💋
today - July 23rd - is a very personal day to me.
today, 2 years ago, I arrived to the USA, Santa Barbara, not knowing a soul, no apartment, no clue what I was doing...but an immense hunger for what this life has to offer.
2 years ago I made the bravest decision of my life to move to the USA to pursue my calling to create, live and breathe art.
the timing could not have been worse.
- I left family, and close relationships who all were in Sweden
- I turned down an offer to part-ownership in a startup in Sweden that would have meant a huge step in career, as well as financially
- I quit a secure job, and left a secure lifestyle
- the dollar currency was about the highest it has ever been, meaning even the transactions between currencies meant a financially disadvantage
- I didn’t know a soul
- I didn’t have housing
- I was so far out of my comfort zone I could barely stand up
but what I did have, was just a gram more courage, than I had fear.
the only reason I am were I am today, is thanks to my family and my close ones, for infusing me with courage and support.
so today is a personal day. my two year anniversary in this land of the brave, and I have never felt this brave and fulfilled - I invite you to be more brave my cookie, and celebrate this day not only with me - but for every brave step forward you have made in your life.
now it’s your turn.
when you tune in with your deepest purpose, your heart, your calling - what is the next step for you to get there? stop excusing yourself and actually go do that.
we never ever EVER feel ready.
do you hear me? you will never feel ready. EVER.
-but you can CHOOSE to be.
you can choose to be ready at any given moment in time.
choose right now.
one of the best piece of advice I have ever gotten from my bestie Tiger, ‘do what you love and make it work’.
-- stay shark