My daily warm up besides #corework also includes block work to improve shoulder girdle strength and mobility for all armbalances and especially of course for my favourite pose #handstand.
1. Hold the block with the palms NOT the fingers of your hands. Press firmly and engage the outer upper arms, firm the elbows to straight. Engage your core, suck the navel and lower front ribs in.
2. Slowly from the back of your lower ribs, lift the block higher (imagine your arms start at the lower part of your back), keeping the front ribs in. Keep squeezing the block.
3. Soften the inner part of the shoulder down to integrate the shoulder WITHOUT pulling the shoulder blades down. Let them lift. Your neck should be soft and widened, there should be a lightness in holding the block from the back body not from the arms.
4. Do same actions with standing at the wall to work towards handstand shape. Lengthen the tailbone down, lifting lower back ribs up and front ribs in to get the hollow shape. Same actions with the arms like sitting.
5. Practice daily for 5 min. And don't forget to breathe and have fun 😜
This is for my dear friends @lottasebzda and @yuko_yoga who are #handstandlovers and #ashtangis like me. Lotta asked me to stop and drop a yoga pose. So here is a little #blockdrill for you #sdy ❤️❤️❤️