#cookingfun with a good friend of mine and our brothers yesterday evening 😀Highly recommend you do this as a fun but healthy experience for yourself and your friends/siblings. Cooking is seriously empowering!
#whatsonmyplate is zucchini taco boats with homemade salsa and some store purchased guacamole.
How to do it:
1) Cook some brown rice in a rice cooker or instant pot/pressure cooker/potentially on stove.
2) Dice up 1 red bell pepper, 1/2 a medium purple onion, take out 1/2 cup corn kernels (we used @krogerco frozen which was just $1 for the packet), and dice up 1 jalapeño pepper.
3) Get out a nonstick pan and add 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Put the gas on medium-high and then toss in the vegetables. Stir fry and add in 2 teaspoons of cumin, 1 teaspoon of chili powder, & taco seasoning to taste (I used reduced sodium by @krogerco) 😀Toss in 1 can of black beans (rinse black beans first to eliminate excess sodium) & brown rice and stir fry. The stuffing for the boats is now ready! 😀
4) Take out 4 large zucchini and wash. Cut them into halves down the middle & hollow out the zucchini using a spoon, leaving a 1/4 inch edge on the sides + bottom of zucchini. You can use a knife to trace the edges out of that helps you!
5) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit & fill the zucchini with the stir fry mixture you made. Bake for 10 minutes at this temperature!
6) Now, bring down the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit & top with cheese. Bake it for 5 minutes.
7) You're done! We made our salsa by putting 1 large tomato and 1 Roma tomato (smaller) which was cut up into a food processor along with fresh jalapeño pepper, salt, cumin (lotsa it), and a lot of natural lime juice in. Blend it up and enjoy your salsa along with some guacamole as a zucchini boat topping!
#healthyeating #zucchini #funtimes #summer #grocerystorerun #siblingfun #friendship #futuredietitian #healthandwellness