Still haven't found a range here in TN that will allow dynamic stuff which limits greatly what we can do, so this video isn't as "Exciting" if you will, as the others. It was risky enough doing burpees at this place. Regardless, took the opportunity to work on some fundamentals I've been slacking on after getting back into it the past few months. So just a few quick notes from yesterday.
1. Fundamentals are key, only after you master them should you move on to more advanced drills. The likely hood of actually using advanced drills in a high stress situation are slim to none, you will typically revert back to the lowest level of training that you have made second nature through repetition and practice.
2. Getting the first shot off is key, once you decide to strike do so without hesitation, many people who own firearms are not ready for the back half of an altercation, thus being the legal repercussions that may follow. Don't hesitate, be confident and be smart about the situation.
3. Target acquisition is something that can be discussed for days, for now just know that this one shot per draw drill reset is a great way to build up to more advanced drills to include drawing on the move.
4. Any friends out there that are just starting out, before you go into full on stress shoots, try something simple like shown here. After each set of four hits I did a set of burpees, or fine motor skill depletion (The finger flicks) these are two very easy yet important basic level variable additions. Getting the slide release to drop on a reload is harder than you think once your fine motor skills are depleted.
5. To the critics, I don't hit every target, nor do I perform every drill perfectly. I already know this, however, I always welcome ways to improve or questions so let's hear them. The cuts the video editor makes the video look a little weird because I was not moving around much and just repeating the same movement over and over again, tried to patch it as best as I could.
Hope you all have a good week!
#gritready #gritcombatives #glock #glock23 #vertex #fundimentals #knowledgeispower #instagramwarrior #suchabadass #lolsike #neverclaimedtobeneverwill