Shopping Time 🛍
Pure Mongolian Cashmere 🐐
Nine important facts about cashmere 📊
1. THE BEST CASHMERE GOATS COME FROM MONGOLIA. If you want the best cashmere in the world, you need to go to Mongolia.
2. OLD SCHOOL HAND COMBING IS THE ONLY CRUELTY FREE CASHMERE. Cashmere goats live in extremely cold and harsh climates. To survive, they grow long, fine fibers to protect themselves, which our herders hand comb since shearing goats can be “very stressful”.
3. LONG FIBERS = MAXIMUM SOFTNESS.
4. ORGANIC CASHMERE IS PRETTY COMMON, ENVIRONMENTALLY SUSTAINABLE CASHMERE IS NOT. Almost all cashmere sourced from Mongolia is organic, but not all cashmere is environmentally sustainable and that matters a lot.
5. FOUR GOATS = ONE SWEATER. To make an average-sized sweater, you will need wool from approximately 4 adult goats.
6. CASHMERE IS A SUPER FIBER. Cashmere fibers are some of the only fibers in the world that are hollow.
7. YOUR HAIR MIGHT BE SOFT, BUT IT'S NOT AS SOFT AS CASHMERE. In fact, cashmere fibers are six times finer than strands of human hair.
8. YOU CAN WASH CASHMERE WITH YOUR SHAMPOO.
9. SWEATER PILLING IS NOT ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT (OR THE SWEATER'S).
SWEATER PILLING IS NOT ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT (OR THE SWEATER'S). Pilling is natural for cashmere and is usually caused by friction. Persistent pilling happens when lower quality manufacturers use shorter fibers. Longer fibers = stronger cashmere.
#cashmere #mongoliancashmere #gobimongoliancashmere #gobipurecashmere #gobibrand #fromgoattocoat #goyobrand #goyocashmere #goyopurecashmere #goyomongoliancashmere #bestcashmereintheworld #shopping