Day 80: Salon Lecture, 🔥and other shenanigans
What a day! Here's some things that happened:
1. I met some really cool people, most of whom are avid climbers and are really down to earth.
2. I was in a building fire! The building is the Hildebrandt building in Ohio City, home to a bunch of local artists' studios. The fire was caused by two rugs catching fire over an overheated extension chord connecting a fridge. Thank God everyone was safe and nothing seemed to be damaged except a couple broken windows 🙏 Thank you for all your concern!! 3. I gave my performance-lecture on craftsmanship and Bach, and it went really well! Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers!! We relocated at Noa's house.for the performance.
4. We had an amazing conversation on craft, performance, artistry, purpose, etc. It was refreshing to hear a non-musician's perspective on music, and to talk about such abstract and important topics! And it was just so fun to perform in an intimate setting where the audience, performer, and composition are fully and actively engaging with each other!
5. I improv-ed some extended techniques in the style of new music with a saxophonist on alto. Wut.
5. It was amazing to see God working in every step of the night, whether it was the fire, bringing people from all different backgrounds together, the performance, and the conversations throughout the evening. God is working through the hearts and minds of everyone around, and it's amazing!
#100daysofinspiration #whathappened #salontalk #performancelecture #Bach #fire #craftsmanship #Godisamazing #shenannigans