Mango Recipe no.3
Goan Mango Prawn curry
1.Prawns- 100g 2.For Gravy:
1/2 cup grated coconut(coconut of small size)
1 marble sized ball of tamarind
1 tsp turmeric powder
2-3 dry red chillies / byadgi chillies / shepda in Konkani / Kashmiri red chillies
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 chopped onion
1 raw mango
1 tsp oil
For marinating the prawns:
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 tsp Salt
Apply the turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt. Leave this for minimum 30 Min’s.
Peel the raw mango and cut it into 1 inch long pieces.
For the gravy paste:
Grind : grated coconut, turmeric powder,tamarind,peppercorns,coriander and red chillies and few raw mango pieces. Make a smooth paste.
1. In a pan, add oil. Once the oil gets heated add chopped onion and saute.
2. Then pour in the gravy paste and stir. Add water 1/2 cup and cook on a medium flame for 2 Min’s.tir. Add water 1/2 cup and cook on a medium flame for 2 Min’s. Cook till the coconut paste starts extracting oil.
3. Add raw mango pieces and cook for 2 mins. Add water to boil.
4. Add marinated prawns
5. Cook for 10 mins on slow to medium flame.
6. Garnish with curry leaves on top and lemon slice
Note: The gravy should neither be too thick nor too thin.
#mango #mangoprawn #goanprawncurry#rawmango #goandish#goalove #prawns #summer #delicious #lunchsorted #mangodish #mangolove #foodgasm #foodie #foodlove #foodblog #foodphotography #foodie #coastal #goa 🌅