(1) Root :Fibrous rootswith shallow root systemsand branched scattered, at depths between15 – 30 cm in the ground.
- (2) Stem : Having a true stemor called “discus” shaped like a disc, thin and shortas a place of attachment of the rootand buds (growing point), there is a pseudo-stem above discusthat composed of midrib-leaf midriband pseudo-stem in the soilchange shape and function into bulbs.
- (3) Leaf : Small cylindrical elongatedbetween 50 – 70 cm, holes and the edges tapered, colored green young to old, and location of leaves attached to the stalkthe size relatively short.
- (4) Flower : Flower stalk out of the tip of crop(growing point) the length between30 – 90 cm, and at the tip there50 – 200 flowers arranged circular(round) shaped like an umbrella. Each flower consists of 5 – 6 leaves white flowers, 6 green or yellowishstamens, 1 pistils and ovariesalmost triangular shaped. Onion flower is a perfect flower(hermaprodit) and can be self-pollinated or cross.
- (5) Fruits and Seeds : Fruit is round with blunt endswrapgrain amount to 2 –3 grain, seed shapeslightly flattened when young is actually clearor whiteafter old become black. Onion seedscan used as a generative plant propagation material.
- Habitat and Deployment : Red onions produced in24 from 30 provinces in Indonesia. The main onion producing provinces includeSumatera Utara, Sumatara Barat, Jawa Barat, Jawa Tengah, DIY, Jawa Timur, bali, NTB, and Sulawesi selatan.
- Ingredients and Benefits of Plants : As traditional medicine,that can cure fever, diabetes and cough. Red onions contain quercetin, a powerful antioxidant that actsas an agent to inhibit cancer cell.The content of red onionof such other protein, mineral, sulfur, anthocyanin, carbohydrate, and fiber(Rodrigues et al.,2003). One half to three and a half ounces of fresh onionswhen consumed regularly containing quercetinthat sufficient as protection against cancer. Onions are rich in flavonoids which are knownfor deactivating a lot of potential carcinogensand triggers tumorsuch as disturbing the cell growth of estrogen-sensitive in breast cancer
#myyours #plant #keeplearning #besuccess #makesomethingpositif #givemesmile