Hamad Medical Corporation’s Blood Bank is in need of O positive blood donations.
The requirements for blood donation are as follows:
- You need to be in good health and feel well on the day of the donation.
- You cannot have any chronic diseases of the heart, lungs or circulatory system.
- You need to be at least 18 years old, and weigh at least 50 kilograms.
- You need to have a hemoglobin level at least 12.5 grams/deciliter.
- You need to have blood pressure systolic between 100 and 160, diastolic 60 to 100 torr.
- You need to have a regular pulse between 60 and 100, and an oral temperature less than or equal to 37.5C.
- You must inform the medical staff if you are taking any medication.
Donations can be made from 7am to 9pm, Sunday to Thursday at the HMC Blood Bank near Hamad General Hospital. For more information, call +974 44391081 or +974 44391082 #giveblood