It's #transformationtuesday and so here's a video I compiled of our demolition work on a built in wardrobe. This was some of the first work we did on the house, and became rather essential when our @dreams_beds got delivered. Meant I could no longer get into the wardrobe 🙈🙊 Luckily plenty of space under the bed to store everything until we knock through into a walk in wardrobe (I am hoping sooner rather than later but there are a lot of other priorities!) Still a lot of fun dismantling everything and I got pretty good at taking out enormous wood nails (which has come in handy for the floorboard lifting - see previous post)
Here we go! We are adding a half bath on the first floor by using the space of a coat closet and small hallway. HELPFUL HINT: If space allows, always try to ad an additional bath or half bath. Tenants and prospective buyers look for multiple bathrooms. #catskillseasonalrentals#girlwithahammer
Actual hundreds of nails later, the mess covering the original floor is gone. Looks like this was once a butler’s pantry, with cabinetry and a sink. The floors look rough now, but should refinish nicely.
This fresh and fancy hell awaits under the old carpet in the breakfast room: compressed particleboard sub flooring, nail heads hidden by white primer so I have to find them with a magnet before digging them out with a pry bar and hammer. There may also be glue involved in addition to the nails. #whatweretheythinking
Fan gone, schoolhouse lights in! That textured ceiling will get covered in tin once I source enough for the whole room, and bordered by stained oak crown moulding like the rest of downstairs.