It's Wednesday!! And this week I am being incredibly grateful. Only 3 more nights of my husband on nightshift.... ahhhh the time has come!!! Things I will enjoy again (besides having him beside me in bed every night)...
• Setting the coffee pot the night before without him unsetting it to make his own at night and forgetting to reset it for me
• Waking up to light coming through the windows and ditching the nasty room-darkening curtains
• Having a second referee in the evenings when the kids get rowdy and turn the living room into a wrestling ring (I say referee but really I'm sure he'll join them)
• Making normal planned meals because he will be home and awake for dinner and not ready for a big meal at 9am when he comes home
• Being able to watch shows together in the evening when they're on TV and not having to wait for him the next day to watch them on hulu together
• Actually getting things done while the kids nap every day because I won't have to use that as the only time I spend time with my husband...
• He won't need to request off or use vacation time for Friday nights if Saturdays we wanna do something
There really are many more... but those are the highlights!
Seriously... you have NO idea what it's like raising a family when you live on opposing schedules.
And this girl is THRILLED!