The Reasons For Lapse Of The Criminal Case
The article (20) of the Criminal Procedures Code stipulates the reasons and facts by which the criminal case shall lapse and will be deemed to have ceased, and the Public Prosecution may not initiate the same in any way when a reason or a fact of the text of the law applies on lapsing of the criminal case. Therefore, the criminal case shall lapse for the following reasons:
1. Death of the accused.
2. Issuance of a final judgment.
3. Submitting a waiver of the case by the party who has the right thereof.
4. General Pardon.
5. Repeal the law which punishes the same act.
6. With exception of crimes punishable by the Divine ordinance, chastisement law, blood money and crimes punishable by death penalty or life sentence, the criminal case shall lapse after twenty years.
7. The misdemeanor cases shall lapse after five years, the violations shall lapse after one year, and all the terms mentioned above shall be calculated since the day of the crime been committed.
#algharib #lawfirm #law #lawyers #uae #dubai #legal #DXB #GCC #uae_lawyers #legalservices #Algharib_law_firm #attorneys #Criminal_Law