It's that time of year to start in with Christmas Cookie baking. I used to spend 2 solid days of cookie baking but this year thought I'd make three different types at time, and spread the baking throughout the season. These are a favorite of mine.
The red and green make a great Christmas cookie. These are very similar to the Neiman Marcus cookie recipe. They are fantastic served with coffee for a dessert cookie. If your pistachios are salted, omit the 1/4 teaspoon salt from the recipe. This is a gluten free recipe.
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
* 1/4 cup light olive oil
* 3/4 cup Wholesome organic cane sugar
* 2 teaspoons simply organic vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon simply organic almond extract
* 2 organic eggs
* 1 3/4 cups King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten Free flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 cup dried cranberries
* 1 1/2 cups pistachio nuts
* 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
* Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
* In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand. Lastly add the white chips.
* Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12x2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
* Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
* Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
* Store in metal tins lines with wax or parchment paper.