What is your website doing for your marketing? ❌Nothing much? ❌An online business card with crickets in the background? ❌Your clients find you elsewhere?
Your website can be so much more!
All through JULY, we're sharing #websitemarketing and #websitemanagement essentials to turn YOUR website into a full-blown marketing monster. The good kind. 🦄 ❗
Follow us for your daily dose of #bizsmarts!
TIP NO. 3: Readability.
Happy readers are return readers (which is what you’re aiming for, FYI 😊). Think of guests coming to your real home. You cater to their needs, you do your best to make them feel comfortable and cherished.
Well, the same goes for your website visitors, aka your potential clients and business partners.
Here’s some things you can do to make them want to stay a bit longer.
1. Choose a font that’s easy to read.
2. Make your content 14-16px.
3. Contrast is key: black on white works best, choose your background and find colors accordingly. Avoid writing onto visuals (images, colorful graphics).
4. Keep your sentences short, sweet, and to the point.
5. Keep your paragraphs short (4 lines max).
6. Highlight key points by going bold rather than italic.
✔️ Give your website to 5 trusted entrepreneurs you know (not family members or SOs!) and ask for honest feedback regarding readability.
✔️ Ask them to look for keywords: your signature item/service, your contact details, testimonials, … ✔️ Optimize accordingly.
We love feedback! Let us hear from you! 💛