I’ve been on an IG hiatus, but I’m jumping back in and picking up where I left off. So, here’s some facts about human trafficking: 1. The International Labour Organization estimates that there are 40.3 million victims of human trafficking globally.
2. The International Labor Organization estimates that forced labor and human trafficking is a $150 billion industry worldwide.
3. In 2016, an estimated 1 out of 6 endangered runaways reported to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were likely child sex trafficking victims. ◦ Of those, 86% were in the care of social services or foster care when they ran.
4. Since 2007, the National Human Trafficking Hotline, operated by Polaris, has received reports of 22,191 sex trafficking cases inside the United States.
5. In a 2014 report, the Urban Institute estimated that the underground sex economy ranged from $39.9 million in Denver, Colorado, to $290 million in Atlanta, Georgia.
6. Up to 300,000 Americans under 18 are lured into the commercial sex trade every year.
7. Human trafficking is the third largest international crime industry (behind illegal drugs and arms trafficking).
8. Trafficking primarily involves exploitation which comes in many forms, including: forcing victims into prostitution, subjecting victims to slavery or involuntary servitude and compelling victims to commit sex acts for the purpose of creating pornography. #humantrafficking #awareness #freedomforallpeople #stophumantrafficking #enditmovement #untilallarefree