SPICY SZECHUAN EGGPLANT by @earthfawn 💚
1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp chilli flakes (reduce to ½ tsp if you like less heat)
4 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp water
1 tbsp maple syrup or sugar or choice
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp chilli sauce, such as sriracha (reduce to ½ tbsp. if you like less heat)
¼ cup water
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Add sliced eggplant and sauté on high heat for 15-20 minutes or until it becomes very soft and browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add a splash of oil and fry off your garlic and chilli flakes for 2-3 minutes.
3. Mix your sauce ingredients together and add them to the pan with the garlic and chilli flakes. Turn the heat down low, stir well and allow to thicken for several minutes.
4. Add the eggplant to the sauce, stir on low heat for a few minutes and make sure the eggplant is evenly coated.
5. Serve hot with fluffy rice and garnish with chilli flakes, white sesame seeds and thinly sliced spring onion.
•Find this and 49 more savoury vegan dinner recipes in her ebook due in June! Enjoy! #letscookvegan