Pineapple Upside Down Trifles
Yield: 8 trifles
24 oz canned pineapple tidbits
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
8-10 maraschino cherries, chopped
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp pineapple juice (reserved from pineapple)
4 oz Cool Whip
2 cups cinnamon granola)
2 tbsp pineapple juice (reserved from pineapple)
4 oz Cool Whip
8 maraschino cherries, for garnish
2 pineapple slices, quartered, for garnish
1. Drain the pineapple juice from the cans and reserve about a 1/2 cup of the juice for later.
2. To caramelize the pineapples, add the butter to a medium saucepan on medium hight heat and melt.
3. Stir in brown sugar, pineapple tidbits and cherries.
4. Cook on medium-high, bringing to a simmer, for about 5-10 minutes or until pineapple softens and takes on the caramelized color.
5. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for about 15-20 minutes.
6. To make the cheesecake, add cream cheese, brown sugar and 4 tbsp pineapple juice to a mixer bowl and beat until smooth.
7. Stir in 4 oz of Cool Whip. Set aside.
8. To layer the trifles, first drain the juice from the cooked pineapple and add to a separate bowl. Add 2-3 tbsp of pineapple juice reserved from cans and stir together.
9. Add a layer of cheesecake to the bottom of each glass.
10. Top cheesecake with granola, then sprinkle a little bit of the pineapple juice from step 8 over the granola to give it a little more flavor and help soften it.
11. Top granola with a layer of pineapple.
12. Repeat steps 8-11.
13. Top trifles with some Cool Whip, a cherry and a piece of pineapple, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Trifles best for 2-3 days.
#homemade #kosher #baking #kosherbaking #kosherfood #delicious #kosherdessert #koshertreat #jewish #jewishbaking #jewishfood #kosheralways #jewishtradition #shabbat #nosh #treat #cookie #cookierecipe #bakingrecipe #dessertrecipe #baking #kosher #recipe #recipes #dessert #cookies #yummy #foodoftheday #yum #dessert