Serves: 8 (approx. 1 c. Each) Prep time: 20 min. Cooking Time: 30 min.
Container Equivalents (per serving): 1/2 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1/2 tsp.
2 tsp. Extra-virgin organic coconut oil, melted
3/4 c. Chopped onion (approx. 1 medium)
3/4 c. Chopped green bell pepper (approx. 1 medium)
3/4 c. Chopped red bell pepper (approx. 1 medium)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lb. cooked 93% lean ground turkey breast
2 cans (15 oz. each) kidney beans, drained, rinsed
2 cans (15 oz. each ) organic diced tomatoes, no salt added
1 c. Red wine
1 TBSP. Chili powder
1/2 tsp. Sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Chopped fresh cilantro (garnish)
8 tsp. Crumbled goat cheese
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add turkey, beans, tomatoes (with liquid), wine, chili powder, salt, and red pepper (if desired). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
5. Evenly divide between eight serving bowls; top each with cilantro and 1 tsp. Cheese.
* You can substitute pinto beans for kidney beans. * This is an ideal Thanksgiving leftover turkey recipe, too.
#chili #cleanchili #nutrition #portioncontrol #fixate