#healingwithpilates 33 ~ Poor Balance. 👀 Join @zaynagold and I as we post a therapeutic exercise every Thursday.
We'd love to hear your comments and feedback! Please leave below 💛✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Post one of ours or your own version throughout the week; let us come together to share our knowledge and grow as an empowered community. ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Make sure to tag and follow @zaynagold and @functionfabulous and add the hashtag #healingwithpilates ~ So we may all benefit from each other's posts. 😀✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
#healingwithpilates 33 ~ Poor Balance 👀 can arise when our neuromuscular 💡 system become less responsive - especially as we age. Eeep! 🙉Struggling with balance can make us feel nervous, unsteady 🌪 and apprehensive. It can also lead to gait 🏁 problems, shakiness, falling AND MORE!
This week share a video/photo of any exercises that promote balance and stability.
Tag a friend and be inspired by Joe's words: "Change happens through movement and movement heals."
Unilateral work on the foam roller is a great way to train balance and stability. 🤸♀️
1. Step- Up ~ 8 x's
* By seeping weight of the foot into the foam roller, it opens up the fascial line of the posterior chain (the back of the body). *
*This forces the longitudinal transverse arch of foot to find
it's strength pattern. * #winning 👣🙌
2. Step-Down ~ 8 x's *By relaxing the foot deep into the ground every time you step down, it gives way to ignite the
medial line of the body. 🤗
✔️ transverse arch ✅
✔️Inner thighs ✅
✔️Pelvic Floor ✅
✔️ Diaphragm ✅
3. Frontal Plane Dips ~ 8 x's *This exercise empowers the glute med to actively stabilize vs using the TFL. #ohyes ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
4. Cross-Over ~ 8 x's *This builds endurance of the standing leg, as the moving leg shifts into many directions. #stability 🔱
5. Balance ~ Test yourself and have fun! #ohhhBaby 😅
Excited to see your brilliant ideas regarding Balance! 😍🙌