Okay fam: here it is! 🤗 My “healthier” alternative to chocolate mud cake! 🍫 Now let’s be real ... this isn’t something that you want to be eating every day! 🙅🏼♀️ But when the cravings hit, I’ll make up one of these cakes, cut it into small portions and individually freeze them! Then when I’m ready for my chocolate fix, I just buzz it quickly in the microwave and voila! 🎊
This was highly requested so I hope you enjoy! 😍 Let me know if you decide to try it out! 😘
Recipe: (I usually double or 3X this recipe and cook it for longer)
* 1 tablespoon coconut oil, to grease the pan (or coconut oil spray).
* 1 ¼ cups almond meal
* ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* ½ teaspoon baking soda
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 4 large eggs, at room temperature
* ¾ cup of maple syrup or rice malt syrup if you prefer a sweeter cake
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
As topping you can use whatever you like! But some of my suggestions are:
* 1 cup whipped cream infused with maple syrup.
* 1 cup fresh berries or other seasonal fruits
* Plain old chocolate frosting!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160C degrees. Line a cake tin with baking paper and grease it generously with coconut oil. Set aside.
2. Mix together the almond meal, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract to the eggs and whisk until fully combined.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined.
4. Pour the batter into the greased pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Let it completely cool in the pan before removing it.
6. Eat and enjoy 😎