I love creating entirely new recipes, don’t get me wrong... but some Sundays, I don’t want my entire day to be consumed by meal prep 🕔 Today I did boxing and cycling🥊🚲, so I listened to my body and rested most of this afternoon 😴
This quick and easy side has been my go-to lately🍠💯 The ingredients are whole and simple, making a versatile dish for any protein: salmon, chicken, eggs, you name it 🐟🐓🥚
1 sweet potato
1 red bell pepper
I small onion
1 clove garlic
Olive oil or avocado oil
To make Mexican style potatoes, add:
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
2 Tbs chopped cilantro
Crushed red pepper flakes for spice
1. Dice up all vegetables and sweet potato.
2. Over medium/high heat, spray pan with oil and cook diced sweet potatoes for 1 minute.
3. Add 2 Tbs of water and cover to steam for 5-6 minutes.
4. Spray pan again with oil and add in red bell pepper and onion. Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes, adding minced garlic before the last two minutes.
5. Season with Himalayan salt and pepper. Add Mexican potato seasonings in if using.
6. Be sure to check you potatoes are cooked to the consistency you want. Serve as a breakfast hash or side to protein of choice!