Life Hacks gleaned after 9 yrs chasing songbirds in some of the steepest, most gorgeous terrain in CA:
1. Work your brain, not your bum knee. Do 7 counts on a well-planned route, vs 10 impulsively, and feel great about yourself.
2. Wear rain gear in the Fogbelt even when it's not raining.
3. Never fight milk thistle. You will suffer multiple stab wounds no matter how many knees your carrharts have.
4. Always follow the cow path or the road, except when they're wrong.
5. Look at the topo map.
6. After all that, do yoga, hot tub and massage, in that order. Cuz your 31 yr old knee still hurts, even tho your prep was A+. #birdlife #fieldwork #ranchlife #almostfinished