Good morning friends! Okay, get ready for one of my favorite new recipes. It's so quick and easy to make, with minimal dishes to clean up! Grab your food processor, orange or tangerine essential oil and let's make a treat for the middle of the week. Quinoa-Cranberry Bars
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
1/2 cup dried cranberries (no sugar added, try a brand like Made in Nature)
1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
4-6 drops Tangerine or Orange Essential Oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips (my favorite brand is Enjoy Life, as it's dairy free!!) Instructions:
1) Rinse, cook and cool quinoa.
2) Place all ingredients in food processor and process until all incorporated and a big ball starts to form.
3) Place in a parchment paper lined 8x8 baking dish.
4) Press the dough evenly into the baking dish. Very firmly to help the bars stick together better.
5) Melt chocolate in a small pan on the stove over low heat. While hot, drizzle chocolate over bars.
6) Place bars in the freezer for 10-15 minutes of until chocolate and bars are hard. Remove from freezer, cut and serve!