For the second year, we’ve partnered with @plus1org to donate $1 of every FYF Fest ticket sold to 5 amazing organizations working to make the world a better, more equitable place. Scroll through the slideshow to check them out.
1. @Skateistan is an award-winning international non-profit, empowering children and youth through skateboarding and education in Afghanistan, Cambodia, and South Africa.
2. The @immcouncil works to strengthen America by honoring our immigrant history and shaping how Americans think and act on immigration. Pick up your exclusive #FactsOverFear t-shirt at the FYF merch booth.
3. @partnersinhealth believes everyone deserves access to health care, and they do everything in their power to make people well. Make your own #HealthIsAHumanRight pin to wear at the House Of Vans Arts & Crafts Tent.
4. @MyFriendsPlace assists and inspires homeless youth in LA to build self-sufficient lives. They offer comprehensive services to nearly 1,400 homeless youth between the ages of 12 and 25 (including their kids) helping homeless young people to move toward wellness and stability.
5. Be The Match pairs marrow donors with patients who desperately need them. Last year one festival-goer who stopped by @bethematch turned out to be a perfect match for a patient in need of a bone marrow transplant. You can help too, all you need to do is stop by @BeTheMatch at the FYF and get a fast, simple, painless cheek swab.