I have had a very difficult couple of months dealing with work issues and worrying about my 96yearold nan, going through the Menopause and depression /anxieties. To top it off I was dismissed on allegations of gross misconduct which I am appealing on the grounds of discrimination as my health was not investigated during the process even though my GP has said that I am under a huge amount of pressure and stress. By no means is this a sympathy post, just an explanation as to my lack of #curlygirlmethod posts 🍃🌺🐰
#ricewaterrinse #hairwashday #curlsarelife #curlsarebeautiful #janellesgotmycurls #curlyhairjourney #naturalcurlsrock #fairskin #blueeyes #englishrosecomplexion #southwestengland
So I decided to do attempt my 1st rice rinse after seeing lots of posts about this wonder 🤩 @jannelleoshaughnessy @marisascurls @honestlizhere I've been watching your videos for tips! Beautiful curls BTW girls 😍😘 I soaked the rice after rinsing, to clean away impurities and left the water covered in a bowl overnight.
1. Used @thebodyshop pre-shampoo Coconut oil to massage my roots.
2. Washed hair with @mauimoisture Revive & hydrate Shea Butter shampoo and rinsed.
3. Rinsed hair with the rice water using a jug and bowl to catch the water to rinse again.. I did this for around 4-5 minutes, then rinsed hair with fresh water.
4. Then used @mauimoisture Revive & hydrate Shea Butter conditioner and STC and rinsed out.
5. Used a t-shirt to blot a little water out, then raked through @giovannicosmetics 2chic Frizz be Gone conditioner and lightly passed shower spray over to distribute evenly.
6. Then I used 2 small pumps of @tabithajk 4 in 1 Golden Citrus conditioner and raked through avoiding the roots, again I lightly passed shower spray over to distribute evenly. I adore the aromatic scent.. Its quite simply divine. BTW I use a tiny amount daily to gently coat my ends!
7. Finally I used @umbertogiannini Boho Beach Jelly to seal all the goodness in.. Another product which smells divine and gives me a great cast too 🤩.
8. I alternated between diffusing on lowest heat/speed and air drying.
9. I used 1 small pump of @tabithajk 4 in 1 Golden Citrus conditioner and SOTC and fluffed