@Regrann from @nyellleahy - @Regrann from @endextinctionintl - Today is #EndangeredSpeciesDay. A day to remember those species we have lost at our own hands, and a day to step up and protect those that still share this earth with us.
Here are some ways you can help #EndExtinction:
* Buy/grow organic- pesticides are poisoning our waterways, soil, and native flora. They are killing one of the world's most vital creatures- bees. Without bees, every terrestrial ecosystem in the world will die, and so will we.
* Avoid plastic- by 2050, there will be more plastic in the oceans than fish. Our land is being overrun with non-degradable packaging and containers. We have become a one-use generation, and the impact of our waste is growing- fast.
* Be an ethical, educated traveller- do your research before going on holidays. Learn what species are exploited, what products to avoid, what activities to miss. Keep wildlife wild.
* Cut down on meat- the agricultural industry produces more greenhouse gases than almost any other industry, and contributes significantly to global warming. Try meat-free Mondays, or give vegetarian or vegan a go. There are so many animal-free alternatives these days, it's easier than you think.
* Be an active shopper- contact brands you regularly buy from and demand an end to unsustainable Palm oil in their products. Demand clear labelling. Demand fair trade and sustainable produce. Their business survives on your money. Your choices govern how they are run. What you demand is what they provide. So demand ethical, fair, sustainable, minimally packaged products.
* Don't hunt endangered wildlife- every individual is vital to the survival of an endangered species. There is no heroism, bravery or victory in taking an innocent life.
* Support conservation efforts.
Together, we can end extinction ❤️🐾🌱🌏 - #regrann - #regrann