💞Next on my reading list💞
Wisdom from Carl R. Rogers' book "Way of Being" (1980) on what he believes as key elements for being a great person of tomorrow. Rogers defines it as “those who are young in mind and spirit – and that often means those who are young in body as well”. To have a young #body, one begins with the care of that #body, and that #body is powered by the mighty #mind.
The qualities of Person of Tomorrow,
1. Openness (open to new experiencing, new ways of seeing, new ways of being).
2. Desire for Authenticity (desire to reject hypocrisy and double talks). 3. Skepticism regarding science and technology (mindful of what technology does to humanity).
4. Desire for Wholeness (desire for wholeness of life with various elements integrated into their experiences).
5. The Wish for Intimacy (seeking new forms of closeness, of intimacy, of shared purpose).
6. Process Person (knows change is a certainty of life, therefore, being graceful on the changing processes). 7. Caring (offer real help to real problems and be suspicious of professional helpers).
8. Attitude Toward Nature (alliance with the elemental nature and not the conquest of nature)
9. Anti-Institutional (against inflexible archaic bureaucratic systems that are no longer relevant to our #ebmb namely earth body mind & beauty).
10. The Authority Within (trust in your experience and do not automatically trust external authority as the right moral stance). 11. The Unimportance of Material Things (being indifferent to materialism driven by bad-capitalism). 12. A Yearning for the Spiritual (seekers of meaning and purpose in life that is greater than the individual). Carl Rogers, a game-changing psychologist in our time who founded the “Human Potential Project” (as in our motto “the best you in the best world”) is the driver for his humanistic therapy approaches. Rogers published his last book “Way of Being” in 1980, a few years before his passing.
These are the guiding principles for each team member within the selfology™organism, organized under People Compass (#selfology #ebmb #mind #peoplecompass)
#carlrogers #wayofbeing #youth #photooftheday #instastyle #love #loverevolution #nature