Celebrating KALE this week as one of the most nutrient dense vegetables on the planet!! This cruciferous vegetable is a member of the cabbage family and comes in many different varieties. Whether it is green, purple, curly or flat it is extremely versatile and can be added to just about any meal to increase it's nutritional value.
Nutritional benefits in 1 cup of 'RAW KALE':
• Contains powerful antioxidants with more Vitamin C than 1 orange and is overloaded with Beta-carotene (converted to Vitamin A in the body) which helps protect the cells in our body from free-radical damage.
• Has 7 times the daily requirement of Vitamin K, which is essential for blood clotting.
• It has anti-viral, anti-cancer & anti-inflammatory properties as well as a very good source of Calcium, Folate, Potassium, Manganese, Magnesium, Iron & Copper.
• Kale also contains bile acid sequestrants which lowers cholesterol by helping the body digest fats.
Try these simple ways to add Kale into your diet:
• Add in salads
• Add in stews, soups, bolognaise, curry, stir-fry's, sauces & pesto.
• Crunchy Kale chips are super yummy & easy to make.
• Add in smoothies or juices for a nutritional boost.
• Use in breakfast or any meal as you would spinach.
How do you like to eat your Kale!?