I have been planning to try this recipe for such a long time, been on my saved list for a few weeks. This dish is made by tossing batter fried Prawns in a spicy, creamy and sweet sauce. It is simple to make. The colour and the taste of the sauce varies according to the combination of sauces.
Shrimps 500 gms
Marination- turmeric, chilly and pepper powders
A) For frying the shrimps:
Eggs 2 no.s
Cornflour 1/2 cup
All purpose flour 3/4 cup
Ground pepper 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
B) For the sauce:
Mayonnaise 1/2 cup
Chilli sauce (Asian) 1-2 tbsp
Honey 2 tsp
C) To serve:
Iceberg Lettuce leaves to serve, Green spring onion to garnish
Method of preparation:
1. Clean, peel and devein the shrimps. Marinate the shrimp with the powders and enough salt and set it aside for 15 minutes.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs. In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients listed under A, for frying the shrimps.
3. Take the marinated shrimps one by one, dip in the flour mixture, then the beaten eggs and then dip in the flour mix. Ensure to form a thick crust around the shrimps, shake off ny excess.
4. Fry these coated shrimps in batches until lightly golden. Please make sure that the shrimps are properly cooked in low to medium heat.
Drain the fried shrimps in paper towel.
5. Mix the mayonnaise, the hot chilli sauce, honey and salt. Here I have used Sriracha sauce (Thai chilly sauce). Toss the fried Prawns in this sauce mix.
6. In a bowl, arrange the lettuce leaf, spread the sauce coated shrimp, garnish with sliced green onion and serve.
Yummy dynamite Shrimps are ready, trust me these are addictive.
#Viveraskitchen #dynamites #seafoodlover #nonvegetarian #sidedishideas #hotandsweet #aucklandcity #aucklandeats #foodiesofakl #shrimp