The Dumbbell Swing is a hip hinge exercise that primarily targets the glutes and hamstrings. If you don’t have access to a kettlebell, this is a decent alternative. - @bradgouthro
To get started:
1. With a wider than hip width stance, hold a dumbbell in front of your waist with both hands.
2. To initiate the movement, hinge by bending forward at the hips, with a slight bend in your knees until your torso reaches a 45 degree angle to the floor.
3. The dumbbell should swing between between your legs, then thrust your hips forward and squeeze your glutes as you swing the dumbbell with your arms extended up to chest level.
4. Your arms just act as a guide to move the dumbbell, all the power is initiated by the thrusting of your hips.
5. Reverse the movement and repeat for reps.