Why voting NO is pointless:
1) Voting no will not stop pineapples from being grown, and imported/exported around Australia and the world. It has and will continue to be produced despite the number of people who are against eating pineapple on pizzas.
2) if they make it legal to have pineapple on pizzas then you will not be forced to have pineapple on your pizza if you do not wish. You don't have to associate with those who do enjoy pineapple on their pizza if it repulses you so much.
3) If you are a pizza maker, you will not be forced to include pineapples on your pizza if you do not wish, though you will lose a lot of business if you turn down orders from those who want pineapple on their pizzas.
4) While we understand that the forbidden fruit that tempted Adam and eve in the that fictional story book was an apple, and for thousands of years this is the fruit that (as per the Bible) we are used to hearing about, over many years other fruits have increasingly been eaten by many people, pineapples are just one of those fruits. We need to evolve from our limited ways of looking at the types of fruit that should be eaten and what they should be eaten with.
5) legalising pineapples on pizzas will not mean your children will be forced to eat pinapple pizza at school, if they like it or are curious about it then at the very least they may be a little more informed about it and feel safer to make an informed decision rather than being repressed out of fear of judgement and ridicule from family and friends.
Liking pineapple on your pizza is not a choice despite what any people believe. Taste buds like or dislike flavours regardless of what people think they should or should not like. If you don't like pineapple on your pizza don't get a pineapple pizza, but know that someone else having pineapple on their pizza has nothing to do with you and does not affect you in any way! ! #love #pineapples #loveislove #duh #voteyes