Straight from my DM (I asked for permission to use this story): Everyday I get DM's from people that were deceived with too good to be true job offerings, only to get to Dubai and discover they've been scammed. These few tips might help you.
1. If you've been promised a job and you are told to pay for it, I will advise you don't pay. Get a visit visa and go to Dubai with mind set that you are coming to hunt for a job. When you arrive you can verify if the job is genuine.
2. Buy a return ticket (it's always good to have a backup plan to return home if things don't work out)
3. Have it in mind that you are on your own, so come prepared with enough money to sustain you (that secondary school friend you just connected with on Facebook will most likely not pick your call when you get to Dubai airport). 4. Searching for a job costs money (transportation, printing etc)
5. Budget at least 550-600AED for accommodation and another 300-500AED to cover other expenses.
6. Open a dollar account in Nigeria and get a dollar card. Put some funds in the account no matter how little. (It's a good back up)
7. Research and ask questions. Most malls have free wifi (the internet is your friend)
8. When you make a substantial payment (e.g. Rent) always ask for a receipt.
#nigerianindubai #mydubai #dubai #dubaijobs