It's hard to believe it's nearly recital time! Is everyone ready?! When we were looking for a great article today to help our families get ready for the big day, we were surprised WikiHow had the best information 😂 Check out these great tips to make sure your dancer is ready to shine at this year's recital!
1. Ask your teacher in advance anything you may not remember or know about actual recital day, such as the setup of the theater, dress rehearsals, make up guidelines, or other things you'll need to clarify. ***Miss Brooke has done a great job with this too! Refer to your newsletters for the scoop on rehearsals, show times, hair, and so much more!
2. Make sure that you have all of your dance costumes.
3. Make sure your dance clothing is clean. ***Such as clean tights with no rips!
4. Pack your makeup.
5. Make sure you don't forget anything, like dance shoes, extra hair nets, bobby pins, a brush, hairspray, gel, or the correct undergarments.
6. Get to the theater 30 minutes before the show to assure yourself time to get checked in and find the correct dressing room. ***15 minutes early for dress rehearsal!
7. Bring some activities, snacks, water, and anything else to entertain yourself with because you will be there for a while. ***Remember DO NOT eat or drink in your costume without something covering it! Or change before eating 😜
8. Have fun!
9. Dance like nobody's watching! ***Dancers, you have been working all year towards this big day. You have the chance to showcase the hours of #technique training you've spent and how hard you've worked learning and rehearsing choreography. We know you will all shine on stage!
#DSAD #dualstar #dualstardance #dualstaracademyofdance #atimetoshine #atimetoshine2018 #recital