A fairly common scenario that couples go through in their planning process is whether to hire a band or a DJ. While I absolutely love live music at a wedding, I don't ever think that we should be compared to the beauty of live music. Nothing can replace that. What you do need to consider for your unique wedding entertainment are the following points:
1. Is your band playing from your ceremony through to the final song of the evening? If not, what is your musical approach to fill the gaps?
2. What is your approach when the band takes breaks? What if your playlist flops?
3. Who is providing the sound/wireless microphones for introductions/speeches etc.? Is the band responsible for all of this? Will you need to rent and manage equipment if not?
4. Are the band experienced wedding musicians that know how to get that dance floor hopping?
5. Who will run all of the special wedding traditions that happen?
6. Recognize that wedding bands vs wedding DJ's typically have a different approach to being involved in a wedding celebration. See below.
Ideally, you would have room in the budget for both a band and a DJ. When this is just not possible, really do your research and find out what is truly different with having a band vs a DJ at a wedding reception. In the case of DJ Charlie Clean - Custom Events, our approach is so much more than the customized music you'll receive, and once you've done the research and understand our particular approach to running many aspects of a wedding you should hopefully be able to make an informed decision.
Reach out anytime for more info! .
#weddingdj #ontariowedding #weddingdjlife #dj #weddinginspiration #djs #southernontario #weddingmusic #industryleaders #djboothlife #guelph #weddingmusicians #ontarioweddings #weddinginspo #djview #educating #djlifestyle #weddingstyle #weddinglove #spreadthelove #djlife #guelphlife #djcharlieclean #spreadtheword #summerweddings #industrytalk #springweddings #weddingviews #weddingdj #weddinglife