How about that ankle mobility? Got some?
When your ankles feel like you've just had a visit from Tony TwoToes and you're sporting the latest in 'cement shoe' fashion......yeah.....check your hips. 👊😈 1. Do you squat like you've got to pee?
2. You swear that there are shards of glass inside your ankle?
3. Your gastroc shares the same consistency as your shin?
4. You read in OSQ that squatting on your toes is normal?
So the head of the femur gets internally rotated in the acetabulum and does two things:
1. It rides the anterior labrum like a sybian on Howard Stern.
2. It drops the knees into valgus.
That translates into your arch collapsing and loading up the plantar fascia and dragging the achilles into a really bitchin' curve. Your gastroc/soleus complex winds up and tacks the achilles to the bone and.....takes on the same mobility as a John Deere tractor tire. Now when you squat, your hamstrings are already preloaded because the knee hasn't been able to fully extend which forces your lumbar spine into hyperextension. The hamstrings are short, tight and really pissed off, the knee is dumped inward turning the meniscii into the contents of a Vitamix after pressing 'frappe' and you squat like a duck, losing both the transverse and longitudinal arches of the foot. No tripod foot position = bye bye horsepower hello injury.
1. Band up the anterior crease of the ankle, load it heavy, take a knee, tuck a PVC pipe between external foot and internal knee, now push the knee forward and out.
2. Lay supine in a figure four with a band loaded on the high bent knee.
3. Drop the calf over the edge of the rig, a barbell or anything else, cross the other leg over and start doing circles.
BOOM!!! Lookit' the pretty arches!! Smash you later! #mobilitywod #powerwod #romwod @richfroning @jackie585 #csagym #fitfam #fit #fitaid #nike #reebok #crossfit #crossfitgames #clinicalathlete #fitness #ufc #ryourogue #muscle #danawhite #deltacrossfit #mauicrossfit @prepareandexecute https://youtu.be/9KQcQ8zzSVk