On Sundays we like to chill, amiright?
Why not take 4 min right now to do some legit recreation = RE-creation (chillin' that makes you feel BETTER afterwards).
Me and Wiener (that's his name) did 2 min in each of these stretches. 🤸🏼♂️🐶 1️⃣ FOR TIGHT ADDUCTORS/INNER THIGHS: Sleepy Frog (how can it NOT be great with "sleepy" in its name)
- Roll up the edges of your yoga mat or fold up some blankets to comfort your dainty weightlifter/crossfitter knees, and get some yoga bolsters or pillows to stack in front of you
- from a bent knee position widen your legs as much as possible, then sit your hips back towards your heels (try varying your foot position - feet in, out, and in line w knees)
- fold forward and let your chest feel supported by your bolsters or pillows
- breathe space into your hips and back and CTFO for 2 min. Turn your head at half time to balance your neck out
2️⃣ FOR TIGHT CHEST/BICEPS/FOREARMS: Upper Body Opener Thingy (I don't know what it's named, so I just named it 💁🏼)
- sitting on your mat or floor with your legs in front of you, reach your hands back behind you and point your fingers towards the wall behind you. Pinch your shoulder blades together, rotate your biceps forward, and press through your hands (if you're flexy, get your pinkies to touch and move your hands further away from your body)
- hold for 2 min and breathe. If you want to try tilting your head back, think of reaching through the crown of your head rather than dumping it back
You can even do sleepy frog while scrolling Instagram - what are you waiting for? Take 4 min to stretch right now and comment with the stretches you choose!
#openYoHips #openYoHeart #uplifttheworld