Cold, dark nights calls for cozy, comfort food! Safe to say my family’s favorite food is pasta...any kind! Not going to lie pasta with butter and Parmesan cheese is probably number 1 for kids 🙊, but I love creating different combinations that are also nourishing.! Vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta
• ¼ cup avocado oil • ¾ cup onions diced
• 3 garlic cloves – diced
• 2 tablespoons thyme + more for toppings – finely chopped
• 350 grams rotini Pasta (or any kind)
• 450 grams crimini mushrooms – sliced
• 1 cups of vegetable broth – low sodium
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon
• Chili peppers – for topping
• 1 cup cashews – soaked for 1 hour
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 tablespoons nutritional yeast
• ½ teaspoon salt
•1/4 tsp black pepper • ¼ cup cup water
• ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
For the sauce:
1. Place sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, set aside.
For the pasta:
2. In a large deep frying pan heat the avocado oil on medium heat. Add in the onions, garlic, and thyme. Sautee for 4 minutes or until the scallions have softened.
3. Next add the mushrooms and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook for 5 minutes until they become golden and soft.
4. Add the vegetable broth, sauce, salt and pepper. Cover with lid. Bring to a boil, lower heat and let simmer till thick.
5. Add cooked pasta. Stir.
6. Top off with more chili flakes and fresh thyme.