Instructions for performing the pre-copulation mating dance of the eastern cottontail:
1. Make sure it is between the middle of February and September.
2. Wait until dark.
3. If you are the guy, chase the lady around a bit.
4. If you are the lady, run awhile; then suddenly whip around and face the guy…
5. …and then beat the daylights out of him with your forepaws.
6. After the lady is done sparring the guy, both partners should crouch.
7. One partner should then leap TWO FEET STRAIGHT UP INTO THE AIR (!) 8. The other partner may also answer with a similar leap as desired.
10. Proceed with copulation.