The weapons for my Aztec Warrior are slowely but surely coming together!
As for now, this is the progress after many hours of work, as seen in this little picture tutorial I threw together for you:
1. I cut the basic shape out of an old pizza box and glued old cardboard tubes to it, which I had left over from gift wrapping paper and posters (that's why I never throw things like this away!😃)
2. I covered the whole thing with expanding foam and let it dry for a day
3. I carved the shape out of the hardened foam with a cutter.
4. Because the expanding foam contains a lot of bubbles, I covered the whole thing with painter's tape.
5. Next, I covered it with wallpaper paste and old newspaper.
6. Then I covered it again with a thin layer of Paper Maché (this alone took me 2h each side). Paper Mache not only covers up the edges of the newspaper pieces, it also hardens the whole thing even more and gives it a really nice coarse structure, just like a weapon out of stone should feel like!! The weapons are about 110 cm long and 1.3 kg heavy, which is just enough so that it's manageable. I'm happier than I imagined so far! Let's see how the painting process goes... #weapon #cosplayweapon #cosplayprop #cosplaytutorial #weapontutorial