#Repost @jadine_rolex 👇🏼 the caption:
What few people failed to see...
Here's what i heard and saw from #CoolDownbyJamesReid :
1. Let's start with the lyrics - as explained by James, Cool Down is basically a song about escaping from the hussle and buzzle in life and just relaxing.
2. The MV - what is the message of the story really? Right now, I say it's a matter of perspectives, depending which truth or lie you believe in.
3. My thoughts - the track is LIT 🔥 No questions and no doubt about that.
The lyrics is self explanatory.
The MV however is a bit tricky.
What haters see is an MV of James getting cozy with another girl.
What memas see and hear is a guy dedicating this song to another girl and not Nadine.
Nope...not me...What I saw in the MV was a guy not at all happy with the girl he is hanging out with and has someone else in mind all along (See James facial expression and body language) The video gradually showed the guy getting less and less interested with this girl he is hanging out with because again...he can't stop thinking about another girl and prolly wished he should be with her at that moment (Hence the phone call scene and the 'staring at the bonfire' scene)...he may be caught out having fun with friends and all but ultimately his "happiness" is somewhere else...his Happiness is the girl in his thoughts and in his heart - James' Happiness is Nadine.
So...have you figured it out?
Basically, my understanding and own belief is this:
Cool Down is definitely a song for Nadine.
Think of it this way...Nadine is James' Happines. He wants to escape the stresses in life with her and just plainly relax or go on an adventure thus, "Cooling Down". What many failed to see in this track and video was...
1. Nadine has ALWAYS been there for James...and
2. James has ALWAYS had Nadine in his mind and heart.
Now, who did that Leading Lady represent?...I think you guys know who.
What I really Love and Admire about the track and MV is its depth and mystery that only a true-blooded-straight-logical JaDine fan would only be able to decipher. Made me love and admire James and Nadine eeeeeeeeven more. ❤